Whether you are getting ready to sell your home or you just want to be the envy of your neighbours, increasing your house’s street appeal is relatively easy to do following some (or all) of our top tips for adding street appeal.
- A lick of paint – Do a little research and find out the best paint colours and shade that suit the style and era of your home and add a coat of paint to walls, trims, window frames – whatever needs a refresh. Before you get out the paintbrushes and roller, take a walk around the neighbourhood and ensure that you select colours that won’t clash, that blend in, or just steal a little inspiration.Note: If you are adding street appeal with a view to sell – don’t choose colours that are too controversial so pick a colour palette with a large fan base.
- Furniture – Consider adding some outdoor furniture that can showcase the potential uses for the space, or to provide you with an additional area in which to relax and enjoy your neighbourhood.
- Lighting – To create ambience and add to the safety of the front of your home, lighting is a top idea. Solar lights or lamps can easily and inexpensively add warmth and vibrancy.
- Create an entrance – nothing says ‘Welcome’ better than a well-maintained and style appropriate front door, gate and fence.
- Plant – Adding street appeal with a well-maintained, lush, green lawn and some well-suited plants should not be underestimated. A beautiful lawn not only adds value to your property but can allow you to be the envy of your neighbours. Planting out the front gardens with some colour and scent will really add to the street appeal and attractiveness of your home.
If you need help to install a new lawn to the front, back, side or entirety of your property – call the team at Daleys Turf today or you can order online.