Sir Walter is a tough lawn that rarely suffers from any insect, pest or disease problems. In fact most Sir Walter lawn enquiries result in poor soil, low or no fertiliser or a lack of water. If your lawn does require some extra TLC, Daleys Turf have some tips for the most common lawn care issues and lawn care products that can help.
If your turf is not performing in the growing season do the following:
- Fertilise your lawn with 40g per square metre of Sir Walter Lawn Food or similar
- Water in until the lawn becomes soft
- Repeat deep watering once a week for 6 weeks
- Always pick a small area of about 1 square metre and apply twice the amount of fertiliser and water this area as a benchmark
Does your lawn need more water?
- If your lawn is growing better underneath a tap or close to a water source, it probably means that your whole lawn needs more water
Does your lawn need fertilising?
- If your lawn is greener or generally looking better next to your garden beds, fertiliser and nutrients are probably leeching from the garden beds into the turf
- All of your lawn probably needs a good fertilising
- Ensure that your lawn has at least 100mm of good soil underneath it
- If not, top dressing may be necessary
- Naturally if you notice an invasion of grubs or insects, immediate action will be required to deal with them
For more lawn care tips and advice, see the Daleys Turf website home page.