- Should take place as soon as the lawn needs it.
- Generally 1-3 weeks after laying.
- All you need to do is just take the tips off.
- Never take off more than a third of the leaf blade.
Ongoing Lawn Mowing:
- Mowing can take place every 7-14 days during late spring and summer.
- During autumn and winter mow every 2-5 weeks or as required.
- The mowing height is best kept between 40 – 60mm throughout the year.
Mowing at a Higher Level will:
- Improve drought tolerance and leaf softness.
- Shade out weeds.
- Keep the soil cooler, in turn saving water.
Lawn Mowing Tips:
- If weeds appear, mow them off to prevent them from going to seed.
- Any type of mower is suitable for ‘Sir Walter’ as long as the blades are sharp.
- Always remember never mow your ‘Sir Walter’ too low, about 50mm is ideal.