Sir Walter is an excellent lawn for shady areas, here are a few tips to help:
- Ensure your lawn does get some filtered light.
- If you have it growing under trees don’t let any leaf litter build up, make sure you remove the leaves so the blades can get any available light.
- You may find that in winter the grass thins out a little bit and that’s perfectly normal.
- Reduce the traffic flow in the shady areas, keep that right down to a minimum because that may wear the grass out.
- Follow a good lawn maintenance program.