Free delivery on orders over 70m2
Monday 8.30 am to Friday 3.00 pm
Saturday morning deliveries available.
Sunshine Coast & hinterland areas
North side of Brisbane
Tin Can Bay
What is soil compaction
What is Soil Compaction
Lawn compaction is a common problem:
- It is caused by wear and tear and heavy traffic.
- It is easy to check for and it is easy to fix.
To test if you have a compacted lawn:
- Push a garden fork or screwdriver into the ground.
- In a good lawn, the tines of the fork should easily go down halfway or more.
- If they don’t the chances are the lawn is compacted and it needs some fixing.
Fix the problem:
- You can aerate compacted lawns with a garden fork or power aerator or coring machines.
- You can hire petrol driven lawn aerators from equipment rental companies.
- You can also apply gypsum to compacted lawns at the rate of about 1 kilo per square metre.
Once the lawn is aerated it will grow strongly again and out compete bindii and other broadleaf weeds.