Sir Walter is a tough lawn that rarely suffers from any insect, pest or disease problems. In fact most Sir Walter lawn enquiries result in poor soil, low or no fertiliser or a lack of water.
If your turf is not performing in the growing season do the following:
- Fertilise your lawn with 40g per square metre with Sir Walter Lawn Food or similar.
- Water in until the lawn becomes soft.
- Repeat deep watering once a week for 6 weeks.
- Always pick a small area of about 1 square metre and apply twice the amount of fertiliser and water this area as a benchmark.
Does your lawn need more water?
- If your lawn is growing better underneath a tap or close to a water source, it probably means that your whole lawn needs more water.
Does your lawn need fertilising?
- If your lawn is greener or generally looking better next to your garden beds, fertiliser and nutrients are probably leeching from the garden beds into the turf.
- All of your lawn probably needs a good fertilising.
- Ensure that your lawn has at least 100mm of good soil underneath it.
- If not, top dressing may be necessary.
- Naturally if you notice an invasion of grubs or insects, immediate action will be required to deal with them.